One of our main objectives is to exceed our customer’s expectations in our practices and products. In doing so, it is important that we seek to minimize our impact on the environment, and humankind, by striving to use organic, non-toxic and renewable materials.
We believe that adopting responsible sustainable practices, whether large or small, is the key to this objective. Aligning ourselves with local vendors that observe similar beliefs is another important factor in our pledge.
- Our hardwoods are selectively cut from sustainably managed forestland. For each tree harvested, another is planted in its place.
- All frames are double doweled, screwed and glued using water based wood glue.
- We offer a selection of oak legs finished with Briwax, made from natural carnuba and beeswax.
- Recycled scrap steel is used to produce the springs used for our eight way hand tied seating.
- Inserts for our pillows are produced by a manufacturer that meets UFAC (Upholstered Furniture Action Council) requirements by using materials free of harmful additives.
- Our cushions are the most environmentally friendly, certified by CertiPUR-US, which guarantees products free of harmful substances and meets stringent testing standards for heavy metals.
- Natural soy based foam is used for padding and seating.
- All of our down and feather blends far exceed the requirements to be classified as hypo-allergenic and our down-proof ticking is free of chemical fire retardants.
- We have compiled an extensive line of natural fabrics, including boutique cottons woven from locally sourced yarns and linens which are natural, durable and minimally processed.
- Our facility uses 30% less energy as a result of being retrofitted with a high efficiency lighting system, which also provides improved levels of light.
- Material recycling has become an ongoing practice in our facility and is important to the avoidance of the depletion of natural resources.
We pledge to continue to improve upon these practices, as we explore opportunities to operate as efficiently as possible and to be environmentally responsible.
LANCASTER BRAND PROMISE
From start to finish, we take pride in the construction of our upholstery and understand that you expect a certain value for your investment. Our assurance to you is that we will continue to do our utmost to fulfill any reasonable expectations you may have regarding the quality of our furniture.
We believe that furniture should be built to last. Ours is – and we guarantee it.